We are among the most actively involved civil society organizations in the world around the International Decade for People of African Descent 2015-2024. Among our many achievements are:
- Working closely with the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) in producing the landmark report, Being Black in the EU (2018);
- Advocating for a progressive European Parliament Resolution on the Fundamental Rights of People of African Descent (2019);
- Organizing an international coalition of civil society organizations representing people of African descent around the world;
- Being deeply involved in the establishment of a UN Permanent Forum on People of African Descent and a UN Declaration on the human rights of people of African descent (as a step towards a binding agreement);
- Co-organizing events with the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, European Commission and European Parliament.